About the Blog
This is a personal blog that I started back in 2009. I mostly write about books, business strategy, cognitive/neuroscience, design, marketing and growth, technology, and startups. I also experimented with email newsletters.
Why do I blog? To get better at writing (and thinking) and to meet like-minded people.
I’m Max. I’m a tech founder. We’re building a team-based and culture-centric talent acquisition platform.
I’m a techno-optimist who believes in the power of meaningful innovative products to solve real-world problems. I’m particularly interested in software solutions that are applied to problems in these spaces: education, productivity, collaboration, recruiting and professional growth, social impact, health, and fitness.
In the past, I helped tech companies grow faster via new product launches and marketing. I was at PandaDoc (a Series-B SaaS startup in San Francisco), Adobe, Mozilla, and HP. I’ve also earned an MBA from UC Berkeley Haas School of Business.
I’m interested in: product development, technology, music, economics, life extension, future, cognitive science, neuroscience, and meditation.
I believe in: entrepreneurship, lifelong learning, neuroplasticity, progress, and cosmopolitanism.
I enjoy: exercising, reading, and having deep conversations and laughing out loud with friends.
I’m originally from Russia. I moved to and fell in love with the SF Bay Area in 2013.
Email is the best way to reach me: email@example.com.
- On Good Judgment and Decision-Making: The Science and Practice
- Marketing/Growth Channel Coordinate System
- Learning How to Learn (And 20+ Studies)
- A Happy Job Launch
- Best Tools For Competitive Intelligence
- How to Find Your Ideal Customers
- How to Develop and Validate a Value Proposition (Product Positioning)
- Principles of Ethical Marketing
- Key Growth Metrics, Part 2: CLV/LTV, and CAC (SaaS)
- Key Growth Metrics, Part 1: Churn/Retention, and Virality (SaaS)