I know I am 1.5 years late with this recommendation, but if by some unfortunate twist of fate you missed Hamilton musical, you should go listen now! Start with “My Shot”, “Non-Stop”, and “Alexander Hamilton”. Or listen on Spotify:
Some people liked the Spotify Playlists I shared last time, so I thought I’d share a few more. I wouldn’t claim that these four are the best but they are definitely my favorites when it comes working or studying and you need music to assist your focus:
- Electronic music, mostly medium to fast tempo, 1,039 songs.
- Electronic music, mostly slow to medium tempo, 1,661 songs.
- Electronic drone music — super slow, for very occasional use when the deep focus is needed or when everything else seems too distracting. 321 songs.
- Jazz music with no vocals or saxophone, 454 songs.
I’ll also embed them here:
I just wanted to share these two amazing Spotify playlists.
1. BerkeleyHaas applications songs
Applicants to BerkeleyHaas used to be asked for an essay on this topic: “If you could choose one song that expresses who you are, what is it and why?” This is a collection of songs used by classes ’13, ’15 and ’16. Totally optimistic, daring, reflective and sometimes surprising. Highly recommended. Total songs: 381.
2. All Aerostat (a popular music podcast) songs: episodes 1-522
Hand-picked by Boris Grebenshchikov, full of beautiful gems from all eras. Total songs: 2,881 (actually 5,212 but Spotify doesn’t have all)
Just try both on shuffle, skipping the ones you don’t like. You won’t be disappointed.