An interesting video about virtual reality design process from the latest Google I/O.
Things that I liked in April & May 2011:
- Artificial intelligence at work: Google Scribe suggests a new word to type. I first thought that it’s April 1 joke… :);
- As it turns out, you can set your Google ads interests to make them more relevant;
- Honest Logos by Viktor Hertz;
- Vintage photos of Moscow, taken with a Graflex box camera in 1909;
- Brandz 2011
- Very cool wiki-project: short book summaries;
- Our digital life info-graphics;
- Google Correlate.
Take elevator, for instance. Notice additional buttons for children and disabled.
Last Friday we’ve been to the amazing presentation give by two designers traveling the world that call themselves Idea Nomads in Moscow. Oni and Zou (these are their aliases) have a goal to travel the world without taking flights.
So far, they visited China, Hong Kong, Tibet, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Russia, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan giving various creative/design presentations and arranging the workshops and of course doing some self-PR. They don’t seem to be willing to stop so far, the route they had drawn on the world map is far from being complete.